|This article is written from the Real World perspective
Longshot enters the X-Men's dimension hoping to escape from Mojo, who once again wants the X-Men to up his ratings.
Writer Stephen Melching released some censorship notes from Broadcast Standards and Practices.
- It will not be acceptable for Mojo to call anyone "numb nuts."
- Also, he should not pick Spiral up by the head.
- Either show that the hunters Rogue buries are robots, or do not bury them past their necks.
- Please substitute for Longshot's two uses of the word "killed." Something like "destroyed" or "take their lives" would be acceptable.
- Please delete or substitute for Spiral calling Longshot "Lover," since we would not want to give their encounter sexual overtones.
- Longshot should not appear "wounded" or bloodied.
- Also, what does "you sure you got guy" mean?
- It will not be acceptable for a wolf to "slash" Wolverine in the back, nor for Wolverine's claws to connect with any of the wolves.
- It will not be acceptable for Jubilee to "blast Jan in the face." Please revise.
- Please substitute for the boulder Rogue hurls at the two hunters, since this would injure them severely.
- Please incapacitate them with something less harmful.
- Please delete or substitute for Rogue’s use of the term "scale butt." Something like "scale face" would be acceptable.
- Caution that Slagg not backhand Wolverine in the face.
- Caution that no one is hurt by the raptors.
- Please show that the bounty hunters are alive after the facade falls on them.
- Please keep the kiss between Longshot and Jubilee brief.
Like "No Mutant Is An Island", this episode was written for season three but did not air until season five.