|Brotherhood of Mutants|
- You might also be looking for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants which was led by Magneto.
The Brotherhood of Mutants is a terrorist organization dedicated to the supremacy of mutants.
- Avalanche: Creates shockwaves in the ground similar to an earthquake.
- Blob: Super strong and durable.
- Mystique: The team leader of the group. She can change her appearance and voice to mimic anyone.
- Pyro: Can manipulate fire, though not create it.
- Apocalypse: Is secretly the leader and financier of the team. He is an ancient mutant with an extreme amount of power. Apparently died, though last seen coming back to life via Fabian Cortez.
- Rogue: Can absorb the powers and memories of anyone she touches with her skin. Left the team to join the X-Men.
The team was organized and funded by the ancient mutant Apocalypse.
In one of their earlier missions, the team came across the superhero known as Ms. Marvel. Mystique ordered Rogue to hold onto her and not let go. Ms. Marvel was permanently absorbed into Rogue putting the hero into a coma. Rogue then decided that the Brotherhood was not for her and joined the X-Men.
Years later, the team tried to assassinate Senator Robert Kelly, who was running for President of the United States of America on an anti-mutant agenda. However, they were stopped by the X-Men member Gambit using information from a time-traveller named Bishop. However, after the attempt Charles Xavier found that Magneto had kidnapped Kelly.
In a dystopian future run by Sentinels, the Brotherhood were successful in killing Kelly. However, Sentinels took over the world devastating it nearly destroying all mutants as well as humans. This timeline was erased by the intervention of Bishop and Forge's time traveling device.
The team is based on the second version formed by Mystique.
In the Comics
It is often considered the arch-enemies of the X-Men, though in the series they have few appearances.
It was originally formed by Magneto.
They have often teamed up with the X-Men and Avengers to fight threats to both teams.